Registration is now open for the 25th National College on Judicial Conduct and Ethics. There is a link from the College registration site to the hotel reservation site. If you have any questions about registration, contract Alisa Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 308-4340.
The College will be held Wednesday October 4 through Friday October 6, 2017 in Austin, Texas at the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown. The College will begin Wednesday afternoon with registration and a reception. Thursday morning there will be a plenary session, followed by concurrent break-out sessions through Friday noon. The room rate will be $219 for single or double occupancy, which includes breakfast. The College registration fee will be $400 through July 31, but $425 beginning August 1. The College provides a forum for judicial conduct commission members and staff, judges, judicial ethics advisory committees, and others to discuss professional standards for judges and current issues in judicial discipline.
There is a complete description of sessions and moderators on-line. The session topics are:
Social Media and Judges: Bright Lines and Best Practices
- The Curious Judge: Independent Factual Investigations
- Judicial Discipline and Technology
- Ethical Guidelines for Members of Judicial Conduct Commissions
- Judicial Impairments
- Best Practices for Judicial Ethics Advisory Committees
- Pro Se Litigants and Judicial Ethics
- Fines, Fees, and Judicial Ethics
- Determining the Appropriate Sanction
- The Role of Public Members
- Introduction to Judicial Ethics and Discipline for New Members of Judicial Conduct Commissions