The summer issue of the Judicial Conduct Reporter has been published and is available on-line. The issue has articles on:
- Disqualification and social media connections
- Judicial campaigns on-line
- Virtual campaign solicitation
- Recent cases
- Ex parte communications in a small community (Inquiry Concerning Scaff (Florida Supreme Court 2020))
- Appropriate discourse or personal attack (Resolution of Complaints Against Adelman (7th Circuit Judicial Council 2020))
- “Misuse of the title and tools” of office (In re Lucas, Stipulation, agreement, and order (Washington Commission 2020))
The Judicial Conduct Reporter is published electronically, and an index and current and past issues of the Reporter are available on-line. Anyone can sign up to receive notice when a new issue is available.
In addition, please watch the Center for Judicial Ethics inaugural CourtClass tutorial on judges and court staff participating in marches and demonstrations. In less than 30 minutes, the ethics-in-brief presentation covers the key points for all employees of the judicial branch, both judges and non-judges.